The aims and objectives of the Association shall be as follows:
1. To organise the members of the Association under a common bond of fellowship and foster among them a spirit of cooperation.
2. To endeavour to provide legal assistance to members in respect of matters arising out of or incidental to their employment.
3. To receive grants from Public Institutions / Government agencies and public to
3.a. Establish and / or operate educational institutions for the members and the general public;
3.b. Establish and / or operate health care centres for the members and the general public;
3.c. Establish and / or operate libraries for the members and the general public;
3.d. Establish and / or operate residential apartments, colonies, etc. for the members;
3.e. To conduct seminars, conferences, workshops, lectures, etc.
4. To take such other steps as may be necessary to ameliorate the social, economic and civic conditions of the members.
5. To take measures for the general welfare of the members of the Association.
6. To co-operate and federate with organisations particularly those having similar interests in India and abroad.
7. To edit and publish books, magazines, teaching aids, periodicals, etc. containing matters of interest to the members.
8. To acquire, purchase, hire, sell, lease whole or part of any building for the furtherance of the objects of the Association.
9. To create Trusts to manage the movable / immovable assets / properties and invest-able funds and to achieve the objectives of the Association.
10. To frame bye-laws and rules and regulations for the conduct of the business of the Association and its officers and employees.
11. To raise such money or moneys by way of subscriptions, donations or loans from members / others and to borrow from any financial agency on the security of the property and assets of the Association such sums as may be necessary for the furtherance of the objects of the Association.
12. To draw, make, accept, endorse and negotiate cheques, promissory notes, bills of exchange hundies and other negotiable instruments in pursuance of the objects of the Association.
13. To develop chapters in all Regions / Units of DAE.
14. Generally to do all such other lawful acts, matters and things as may be necessary incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objects.